A smokin' collection of Clatsop County firefighting equipment can be found at the Uppertown Firefighters Museum on the corner of 30th Street and Marine Drive in Astoria. Operated by the Clatsop County Historical Society, the museum’s exhibits include a horse-drawn ladder wagon, hose carts, a 1912 American LaFrance fire truck, a Stutz fire engine and a 1946 Mack fire truck. This blast from the past honoring the area’s firefighting heritage. It's housed in a historic red brick building constructed in 1896 as part of the wildly popular North Pacific Brewery that was forced to shut down in 1915 due to prohibition. The City of Astoria renovated the space in 1928, and it resurfaced as the Uppertown Fire Station Number Two. In 1960 the station was decommissioned and used for storing equipment until 1989, when it sparked a new life as the Uppertown Firefighters Museum. The museum is open seasonally, so check in advance before heading over.
Clatsop County Historical Society
2968 Marine Drive, Astoria, OR